- You need an account for most activities on our platform. Keep your password somewhere safe, because you’re responsible for all activity associated with your account. If you suspect someone else is using your account, let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must have reached the age of consent for online services in your country to use PaperVideo.
- You may not share your account login credentials with anyone else. You are responsible for what happens with your account and PaperVideo will not intervene in disputes between students or instructors who have shared account login credentials. You must notify us immediately upon learning that someone else may be using your account without your permission (or if you suspect any other breach of security) by contacting us at email@example.com. We may request some information from you to confirm that you are indeed the owner of your account.
2. Content Enrolment
- When you enroll in a course or other content, you get a license from us to view it via the PaperVideo Services and no other use. Don’t try to transfer or resell content in any way. We generally grant you a lifetime access license, except when we must disable the content because of legal or policy reasons or for enrolments via Subscription Plans.
- When instructors publish content on PaperVideo, they grant PaperVideo a license to offer a license to the content to students. This means that we have the right to sublicense the content to enrolled students. As a student, when you enroll in a course or other content, whether it’s free or paid content, you are getting a license from PaperVideo to view the content via the PaperVideo platform and Services, and PaperVideo is the licensor of record. Content is licensed, and not sold, to you. This license does not give you any right to resell the content in any manner (including by sharing account information with a purchaser or illegally downloading the content and sharing it on torrent sites).
- Instructors may not grant licenses to their content to students directly, and any such direct license shall be null and void and a violation of these Terms.
3. Pricing, Payments and Refunds
- We occasionally run promotions and sales for our content, during which certain content is available at discounted prices for a set period of time. The price applicable to the content will be the price at the time you complete your purchase of the content (at checkout). Any price offered for particular content may also be different when you are logged into your account from the price available to users who aren’t registered or logged in, because some of our promotions are available only to new users.
- If you are a student located in a country where use and sales tax, goods and services tax, or value added tax is applicable to consumer sales, we are responsible for collecting and remitting that tax to the proper tax authorities. Depending on your location, the price you see may include such taxes, or tax may be added at checkout.
- When you make a purchase, you agree not to use an invalid or unauthorized payment method. If your payment method fails and you still get access to the content you are enrolling in, you agree to pay us the corresponding fees within thirty (30) days of notification from us. We reserve the right to disable access to any content for which we have not received adequate payment.
- Instructor’s Payment:
The company expects Instructors to work with a high standard of initiative, efficiency, and economy. You are expected to follow the various company policies which include:
- You will be paid only when the videos are finalized from our Moderator.
- You need to complete the entire course within a month.
- You will not be paid in case of partial completion of the course.
- If the content you purchased is not what you were expecting, you can request, within 30 days of your purchase of the content, that PaperVideo apply a refund to your account.
- No refund is due to you if you request it after the 30-day guarantee time limit has passed. However, if the content you previously purchased is disabled for legal or policy reasons, you are entitled to a refund beyond this 30-day limit.
- PaperVideo also reserves the right to refund students beyond the 30-day limit in cases of suspected or confirmed account fraud.
4. Content and Behavior Rules
- You can only use PaperVideo for lawful purposes. You’re responsible for all the content that you post on our platform. You should keep the reviews, questions, posts, courses and other content you upload in line with our trust and safety guidelines and the law, and respect the intellectual property rights of others. We can ban your account for repeated or major offenses. If you think someone is infringing your copyright on our platform, let us know.
- You may not access or use the Services or create an account for unlawful purposes. Your use of the Services and behavior on our platform must comply with applicable local or national laws or regulations of your country. You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and compliance with such laws and regulations that are applicable to you.
- If you are a student, the Services enable you to ask questions to the instructors of courses or other content you are enrolled in, and to post reviews of content. For certain content, the instructor may invite you to submit content as “homework” or tests. Don’t post or submit anything that is not yours.
- If we are put on notice that your course or content violates the law or the rights of others (for example, if it is established that it violates intellectual property or image rights of others, or is about an illegal activity), if we discover that your content or if we believe your content or behavior is unlawful, inappropriate, or objectionable (for example if you impersonate someone else), we may remove your content from our platform. PaperVideo complies with copyright laws.
5. PaperVideo’s Rights to Content You Post
- You retain ownership of content you post to our platform, including your courses. We’re allowed to share your content to anyone through any media, including promoting it via advertising on other websites.
- The content you post as a student or instructor (including courses) remains yours. By posting courses and other content, you allow PaperVideo to reuse and share it but you do not lose any ownership rights you may have over your content.
- When you post content, comments, questions, reviews, and when you submit to us ideas and suggestions for new features or improvements, you authorize PaperVideo to use and share this content with anyone, distribute it and promote it on any platform and in any media, and to make modifications or edits to it as we see fit.
6. Using PaperVideo at Your Own Risk
- Anyone can use PaperVideo to create and publish content and instructors and we enable instructors and students to interact for teaching and learning. Like other platforms where people can post content and interact, some things can go wrong, and you use PaperVideo at your own risk.
- Our platform model means we do not review or edit the content for legal issues, and we are not in a position to determine the legality of content. We do not exercise any editorial control over the content that is available on the platform and, as such, do not guarantee in any manner the reliability, validity, accuracy, or truthfulness of the content. If you access content, you rely on any information provided by an instructor at your own risk.
- By using the Services, you may be exposed to content that you consider offensive, indecent, or objectionable. PaperVideo has no responsibility to keep such content from you and no liability for your access or enrollment in any course or other content, to the extent permissible under applicable law. This also applies to any content relating to health, wellness, and physical exercise. You acknowledge the inherent risks and dangers in the strenuous nature of these types of content, and by accessing such content you choose to assume those risks voluntarily, including risk of illness, bodily injury, disability, or death. You assume full responsibility for the choices you make before, during, and after your access to the content.
- When you interact directly with a student or an instructor, you must be careful about the types of personal information that you share. While we restrict the types of information instructors may request from students, we do not control what students and instructors do with the information they obtain from other users on the platform. You should not share your email or other personal information about you for your safety.
- When you use our Services, you will find links to other websites that we don’t own or control. We are not responsible for the content or any other aspect of these third-party sites, including their collection of information about you. You should also read their terms and conditions and privacy policies.
7. PaperVideo’s Rights
- We own the PaperVideo platform and Services, including the website, present or future apps and services, and things like our logos, API, code, and content created by our employees. You can’t tamper with those or use them without authorization.
- All right, title, and interest in and to the PaperVideo platform and Services, including our website, our existing or future applications, our APIs, databases, and the content our employees or partners submit or provide through our Services (but excluding content provided by instructors and students) are and will remain the exclusive property of PaperVideo and its licensors. Our platforms and services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States and foreign countries. Nothing gives you a right to use the PaperVideo name or any of the PaperVideo trademarks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features. Any feedback, comments, or suggestions you may provide regarding PaperVideo or the Services is entirely voluntary and we will be free to use such feedback, comments, or suggestions as we see fit and without any obligation to you.
- You may not do any of the following while accessing or using the PaperVideo platform and Services:
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the platform (including content storage), PaperVideo’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of PaperVideo’s service providers.
- disable, interfere with, or try to circumvent any of the features of the platforms related to security or probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any of our systems.
- copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, or otherwise attempt to discover any source code of or content on the PaperVideo platform or Services.
- access or search or attempt to access or search our platform by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available search functionalities that are provided via our website, mobile apps, or API (and only pursuant to those API terms and conditions). You may not scrape, spider, use a robot, or use other automated means of any kind to access the Services.
- in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information (such as sending email communications falsely appearing as PaperVideo); or interfere with, or disrupt, (or attempt to do so), the access of any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the platforms or services, or in any other manner interfering with or creating an undue burden on the Services.
- It may happen that our platform is down, either for planned maintenance or because something goes down with the site. It may happen that one of our instructors is making misleading statements in their content. It may also happen that we encounter security issues.
- We may decide to cease making available certain features of the Services at any time and for any reason. Under no circumstances will PaperVideo or its affiliates, suppliers, partners or agents be held liable for any damages due to such interruptions or lack of availability of such features.
- We are not responsible for delay or failure of our performance of any of the Services caused by events beyond our reasonable control, like an act of war, hostility, or sabotage; natural disaster; electrical, internet, or telecommunication outage; or government restrictions.
8. Relationship Between Us
- You and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, contractor, or agency relationship exists between us.
9. Updating Terms
- From time to time, we may update these Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices (such as when we add new features), and PaperVideo reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these Terms at any time. If we make any material change, we will notify you using prominent means, such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in your account or by posting a notice through our Services. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise.
- Your continued use of our Services after changes become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. Any revised Terms shall supersede all previous Terms.
12. How to Contact Us
- The best way to get in touch with us is to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear your questions, concerns, and feedback about our Services.
- Thanks for teaching and learning with us!